Welcome! As a first responder we understand you already lead a busier life than most. That’s why many find our online degrees a good fit as we lead the way in high quality, accredited degree programs.
Whether you’re looking to advance your current public safety career path or join the profession, we have what you’re looking for. Our online majors are designed for busy, working adults with a focus on administration for first responders looking to serve their communities at a higher level. We pride ourselves on field-experienced faculty and regularly updated curriculums that reflect the most current policing and response techniques in the public safety arena today.
Get a head start with college credit for qualified credentials and experience, including: Military Service, Qualified Academy Training, Paramedic Certification, EMR, EMT, AEMT Certifications, ACE Evaluated FEMA Training.
- Bachelor’s in Public Safety Administration - exclusively for professionals
- Bachelor’s in Criminal Justice - with options for law enforcement or advocacy tracks
- Bachelor’s in Psychology - customize from five different tracks
- Bachelor’s in Cyber Security - our hottest program
- Bachelor’s in Social Work
- Master’s in Organizational Leadership
- Public Safety Certificate
- Victim Advocacy Certificate
- Emergency Medical Responder (EMR) up to 2
- Emergency Medical Technician, Basic (EMT) up to 6
- Emergency Medical Technician, Advanced (AEMT) up to 8
- Fire Academy training courses varies
- Paramedic Credential up to 41
- Paramedic Training Programs up to 41
- Police Officer Recruit Training up to 32
- Pre-Service Training up to 24
Charter Oak State College was designed for working adult students.
- Accelerated courses & many start dates
- Flexible program offerings
- Entirely online for when you are available
- We accept credits you've earned elsewhere
- Classes and group discussions with peers
- We have six starts dates throughout the year. Tell us when you would like to begin and we’ll help you find the most direct path to degree-completion!
Start with college credit for qualified credentials and experience, including:
- Qualified Academy Training
- Paramedic License
- EMT License
- ACE Evaluated FEMA Training
Capt. Rommie L. Duckworth, LP
Ridgefield, CT Fire Department
Class of 2016
"I wasn't sure that I would be able to complete my degree, but Charter Oak helped me plan classes at a pace designed for a father and a working professional. Taking courses with my Public Safety peers helped expand my horizons and prepare me to work at higher levels in my organization. My bachelor’s degree has opened up professional and personal opportunities and Charter Oak helped make it possible." More
Patrick Ridenhour, Chief of Police
Class of 2007
"I couldn't have made a better choice than Charter Oak to complete my undergraduate degree. The challenging coursework has helped me think critically and excel in my profession. From the admissions office, to the academic advisors, to the knowledgeable and accessible instructors, Charter Oak put together a tremendous team that was there to help me every step of the way."
Why Charter Oak State College?
- 100% online
- Credit for credentials
- Six (6) start dates
- Expert Faculty