Enter the exact name of the credential or license and leave either Credential or License, whichever applies. Then delete these instructions.
- Course Name (# credits, division level) Use bulleted alphabetized list.
Month Year through Month Year (use the actual word "through"; do not use dashes)
Name of the Issuing Agency. Insert link to their website in their name, the link should open in a new page. Include a brief description of the agency, if available (can pull from the report or their website)
About the Credential
Brief Description of the Credential, if available (can pull from the report or their website). If not available, delete section
Applying for the Credit
Have the issuing agency submit your transcript or record directly to the Registrar and submit a Credential Credit Application to apply for the credit.
- Charter Oak students: Log into the ACORN Student Portal and look in Student Self-Service / Student Forms.
- Non-Charter Oak students: Contact the PLA Office to request a Credential Credit Application.
PLA credit may or may not apply toward your degree plan.
- Credit from PLA cannot duplicate other credit you have.
- Consult with your Academic Advisor or home institution advisor and make sure any credit you earn from PLA will be acceptable and fit into your degree plan.
- Consult the PLA information in the College Catalog.
Non-Charter Oak students will also need to use need to use the Credit Registry service to apply the credit to a transcript.
Course Title (in bold)
Course description or learning outcomes (from the review report). Not needed for Charter Oak courses with our course #s.
NOTE: Use hard returns (hold the "shift" key while using the "enter" key) after the course name to prevent extra space between the name and the description