- CPT Coding Theory and Practice - HIM 210 (3 credits, upper division level)
- Human Anatomy - BIO 111 (3 credits, lower division level)
- ICD-9-CM & HCPCS Coding Theory and Practice - HIM 211 (3 credits, upper division level)
- Medical Terminology - MED 101 (3 credits, lower division level)
- Rheumatologic Procedures - HIM 220 (3 credits, upper division level)
Updated October 2016 to reflect COSC course equivalencies:
- HCA 105: Medical Terminology; 3 credits, lower division level
- HIM 210: Medical Coding & Billing 1; 3 credits, lower division level
- HIM 211: Medical Coding & Billing 2; 3 credits, lower division level
- Human Anatomy - 3 credits lower, lower division level
- Rheumatologic Procedures – 3 credits, upper division level
January 2008 through December 2015
Applying for the Credit
Submit a Credential Credit Application to apply for the credit.
- Charter Oak students: Log into the Acorn Student Portal and look in Student Self-Service / Student Forms.
- Non-Charter Oak students: Contact the PLA Office to request a Credential Credit Application.
About the Review
This review was funded by the Connecticut Health & Life Sciences Career Initiative (HLSCI), a Trade Adjustment Assistance Community College and Career Training grant, as implemented by the U.S. Department of Labor. HLSCI is an equal opportunity program. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.