Certified Documentation Improvement Practitioner Credential
- HCA 101: Healthcare Systems and Administration (3 credits, lower division level)
- HIM 115: Health Information Management (3 credits, lower division level)
- HIM 205: Reimbursement Methodologies (3 credits, lower division level)
- HIM 210: Medical Coding and Billing I (3 credits, lower division level)
- HIM 211: Medical Coding and Billing II (3 credits, lower division level)
- HIM 315: Healthcare Statistics (3 credits, upper division level)
- HIM 405: Health Information Law, Privacy and Security (3 credits, upper division level)
- HIM 420: Healthcare Research and Quality (3 credits, upper division level)
February 2014 through December 2015
About the Credential
Effective with the February 2014 Certified Documentation Improvement Practitioner (CDIP) national examination, the Domain I section of the examination consists of questions on the clinical coding guidelines, and assignment of ICD-9-CM and CPT codes. In order to sit for the CDIP exam, candidates who use the RHIA, RHIT, CCS and/or CCS-P credentials have earned the 6 credits for Medical Coding I and II.
Applying for the Credit
Submit a Credential Credit Application to apply for the credit.
- Charter Oak students: Log into the Acorn Student Portal and look in Student Self-Service / Student Forms.
- Non-Charter Oak students: Contact the PLA Office to request a Credential Credit Application.
About the Review
This review was funded by the Connecticut Health & Life Sciences Career Initiative (HLSCI), a Trade Adjustment Assistance Community College and Career Training grant, as implemented by the U.S. Department of Labor. HLSCI is an equal opportunity program. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.