- BUS 120 - Business Law: 3 credits, lower division level
- MAT 101 - Contemporary Mathematics: 3 credits, lower division level
- PHL 485 - Business Ethics and Individual Values: 3 credits, upper division level
- PLG 301 - Legal Ethics and Professional Responsibility: 3 credits, upper division level
- PLG 314 - Real Estate Law: 3 credits, upper division level
- POL 220 - State and Local Government: 3 credits, lower division level
March 2012 through March 2022
Virginia Department of Professional and Occupational Regulation
9960 Maryland Drive #400; Richmond, VA 23233
About the Credential
Candidates for the Real Estate Broker license exam must have a high school diploma, or the equivalent, and have successfully completed the required 180 hours of pre-license education. Candidates must also submit verification of experience, defined as having been actively engaged as a salesperson for 36 of the 48 months preceding application. The Virginia Department of Professional and Occupational Regulation Department has contracted with PSI to develop, proctor, and conduct its Real Estate Broker examination program. PSI provides examinations through a network of computer and paper-and-pencil examination centers in Virginia. PSI works closely with the Department of Professional and Occupational Regulation and its Examination Review Committee to be certain that exams meet local as well as national requirements in basic principles of real estate and examination development standards. The Examination Content Outlines have been approved by the Virginia Department of Professional and Occupational Regulation and are updated and reviewed annually as needed.
Applying for the Credit
Submit a Credential Credit Application to apply for the credit.
- Charter Oak students: Log into the ACORN Student Portal and look in Student Self-Service / Student Forms.
- Non-Charter Oak students: Contact the PLA Office to request a Credential Credit Application.