The Connecticut Nursing Articulation Plan requires LPNs articulating to an RN program to take a Bridge Course which includes a three credit, eight week online course (NUR 190) at Charter Oak followed by a one or two credit practicum at the student's home school. The three credit course is sponsored by the Connecticut League for Nursing and has been approved by the Articulation Oversight Committee and the Directors of Connecticut Associate Degree Programs.
To be eligible to take NUR 190, students must first:
- Be enrolled in an Associate degree program in Connecticut. Students outside of Connecticut are not eligible. Schools that have participating nursing programs include:
- Capital Community College
- Gateway Community College
- Goodwin University
- Naugatuck Valley Community College
- Northwest Community College
- Norwalk Community College
- St. Vincent's College at Sacred Heart University
- Three Rivers Community College
- Be recommended by their participating nursing school (listed above).
- Have completed the prerequisites of the first year of the program.
If you are eligible, you may register for NUR 190 by going to https://acorn.charteroak.edu/ICS/. Students need to complete the Registration Request form for Non-Charter Oak Students on ACORN. Participants do not need to apply to Charter Oak State College or go through the Admissions process.
Upon completion of the 3-credit online Bridge Course, the 1 or 2-credit school-based course is taken at your community college or nursing program.