Digital Accessibility Compliance (DAC) Committee will oversee Policy Compliance. The DAC Committee is comprised of Charter Oak State College staff from various departments along with faculty members.
The DAC Committee recognizes that Charter Oak State College should address EIT community wide to:
- Promote a more inclusive and welcoming digital environment, especially for individuals with disabilities.
- Enable the colleges to address EIT accessibility barriers.
- Empower college students with disabilities to persist and complete their educational goals.
- Work with third party vendors to conform to technical accessibility standards.
- Create a compliance plan for deliverables and timelines aligned to the EIT Accessibility Policy standards.
- Ensure compliance with applicable local, state, and federal regulations and laws.
Given the EIT Accessibility Policy reaches into many student and public facing facets at Charter Oak State College, the DAC Committee has been grouped into four subcommittees in the areas of web accessibility and social media, IT procurement, course content, and EIT accessibility training for faculty and staff. I am pleased to report the Committee has spent the past year working on various deliverable and goals for EIT accessibility and will continue over a multi-year plan.
- Sarah Ellis, Office of Accessibility Services
- David Ferreira, Provost
- Barry Vroeginday, Director, Instructional Design
- Susana Orozco, Director, Academic Programs
- Matt Pickering, Director of Network Operations
- Bill Burnes, Manager Tech Support
- Colleen LeBlanc, Systems Administrator
- Jon Ellis, Assistant Director, Marketing & Web Technologist
- Gerry Gagliardi, Associate Director of Information Systems
- Amy Luby, Assistant Registrar
- Carol Hall, Associate Director of Development
- Carlita Cotton, Faculty
- Michael Starenko, Faculty
- Dana Wilkie, Faculty