Once you have received your Blackboard log in credentials, you can self-enroll in the Student Orientation to Blackboard course. The course will be available to you when you log into Blackboard.
The Student Orientation to Blackboard course includes tutorials on common tasks for students taking Charter Oak courses and guidance on how to be successful as an online student. The course is free and can be repeated in part or in full as needed. The time needed to take the full course is 1-2 hours. Course topics include:
- Topic 1: Introduction to Blackboard and Learning Online
- Topic 2: Navigating a Blackboard Learn Site
- Topic 3: Navigating a Blackboard Learn Course
- Topic 4: Communicating in Blackboard Learn
- Topic 5: Submitting Work in Blackboard Learn
- Topic 6: Tracking Your Performance in Blackboard Learn
This course begins the journey toward your degree! Your advisor will follow up with you if you have any concerns or questions about the Student Orientation content.